[NOTE: This page is constantly being updated with new information as it becomes available. Please send an in-game message to umuri or somecanuck if you have information that can be added. Thanks!]
When a player wishes to celebrate for some reason, perhaps after winning a huge jackpot, the player can go to a bar and buy a cigar from a humidor. When the player smokes the cigar, both the player and others standing nearby win money from the "whiffs" of the cigar smoke. The amount won depends on the cigar... higher priced cigars tend to give out larger "whiffs" than less expensive cigars.
How to Play
To purchase a cigar, go to a bar, click on a humidor, and click on the cigar you wish to purchase.
- Although it's not necessary, some people like to run around, spreading the "whiffs."
To take advantage of "whiffs" from someone else's cigar, go to where the cigar is being smoked.
- The following words in public chat are signs there's a "cigar party" going on:
- smoking (e.g. "thanks for smoking")
- It's not necessary to stand right on top of the person smoking. In fact, some players consider that to be rude. Stand nearby the smoker... that's good enough.
- If you win money from "whiffs" you should always thank the smoker and tell him/her how much you have won.
Some other "tips" abount attending a cigar party:
- If you stand too long in one place (approximately 5 minutes), the game will consider you to be "afk" and you will not get any "whiffs." Move around once in awhile.
- If the smoker has used the /ignore command to block a player's chats, that player cannot get cigar "whiffs."
- Sometimes, a player will have a private cigar party where only friends are invited (i.e. there's no announcement in public chat that there will be a party). It's considered very rude to "crash" a private party. If you happen across a private cigar party, you should leave immediately.
The following table details the characteristics of specific cigars. It is currently incomplete, but will be updated regularly.
Some of the locations noted in the table are not obvious. Here's the coordinates for those locations:
|Feather||Feather Tree at Xinren Tang 317 185|
|Zhifu1||Zhifu -167 63|
|Zhifu2||Zhifu -223 135|
And here's the data on the cigars:
|El Borracho||60 BTM||Bai, Jing, Xiaobado, Ying, Zhifu1||X-400btm|
|El Diablo||666 BTM||Jing||Variance is medium, distribution is 85% smoker, 15% to friends. 150-950|
|El Dragon Ardiente||40 BTM||Bai, Jing, Ying|
|El Hijastro||75 BTM||Bai, Ying|
|El Principe||50 BTM||Bai, Ying|
|El Rey Rico||150 BTM||Bai, Ying||60 - 880 BTM|
|El Tardo de Jaso||2.4 BTC||Jing, Ying||Low 12 btm, High 120 btc, 10% share on average, median is 98 btc.|
|El Unicorno||5 BTM||Bai, Feather, Jing, Tang, Ying||Low 1btm, High 15btm|
|Espiritu de Araghon||1 BTC||Ying, Jing||Green and red smoke, lasts at minimum 10 minutes(verified), supposedly up to 15(unverified). Low variance smoke, usually Low of 500btm and High of 2btc|
|Fuego de Cielo||160 BTM||Bai, Zhifu1|
|Fuego de Coco||20 BTM||Xiaobado, Zhifu1|
|La Ardilla||10 BTM||Bai, Feather, Jing, Tang, Zhifu1, Zhifu2||Low 10 kSAT, High 250 BTM|
|La Bruja Aliento||20 BTM||Bai, Jing|
|La Carpa Dorada||10 BTM||Bai, Feather, Jing, Tang, Ying, Zhifu1, Zhifu2||Low 1btm, High 30btm|
|La Joya Fuego||100 BTM||Bai, Jing, Ying||rainbow smoke, Low 7btm, High 300|
|La Pan y Mantequilla||5 BTM||Bai, Feather, Xiaobado, Ying, Zhifu2||Low 1btm, High 25btm|
|La Panda de Suerte||10 BTM||Bai, Jing, Xiaobado, Ying, Zhifu1, Zhifu2|
|La Riqueza Oscuro||100 BTM||Bai, Xiabado, Ying|
Win a Real Cigar!
There are 4 new types of Cigars in Dragon's Tale that offer a 1 in 50 chance of winning you a real cigar, to be shipped to you in the mail. Because these cigars offer a bonus prize, they pay out 93% return instead of the usual 95%:
- El Principe (50 BTM)
- El Hijastro (75 BTM)
- La Riqueza Oscuro (100 BTM)
- El Rey Rico (150 BTM)
Currently, the La Riqueza Oscuro is available at the bar on Xiaobado, while all 4 cigars are available at the main bar on Xinren.
Here's some information on several of these real cigars:
- La Riqueza Oscuro (100 BTM)- Real cigar - "Dark & oily wrapper, full bodied with flavors of coffee and nuts." - 90-point rating from Cigar Aficionado. Long-filler tobacco from Nicaragua, Mexico, Honduras, Columbia. Wrapper leaf from Nicaragua, and binder from Costa Rica. (Picked this blend especially because of the Costa Rica connection.)
- El Rey Rico cigars (150 BTM)- Real cigar - Mild/Medium bodied but super flavorful: creamy, rich, complex. 94-point rating by Cigar Aficionado.
- El Hijastro (75 BTM) - Earthy flavors mixed with a haunting aroma of smoked nuts, in a bold torpedo shape.